Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Cook's Statement

I cook for the simple act of making people happy. Indeed I have an insatiable addiction to cooking, kitchens, and delicious products, but no matter the food or circumstance, the daily pursuit towards perfection is in the direction of creating as near a perfect experience for the guest who has put their self in the kitchen's will. There is nothing more rewarding to me than the smile of pleasure or invoked memory that I can produce from food on a plate. No other art can touch a person's soul as deeply as a dish that conjures childhood memories, or a memorable morsel from a meal in the past. That is where from deep inside myself I find the drive and passion to continue pushing myself through the stressful hours of a painful service, and in the early morning hours find myself researching a technique or ingredient. It is through the increasing knowledge and experience gained, while on my free time at home, or in a country abroad, that helps mold an ever evolving-and hopefully increasingly better- experience for whomever is eating my food.

No comments: